Avery was the flower girl in my good friend Kerry's wedding, which was Saturday, March 27. I worried
Avery would not cooperate the day Kerry asked if Avery could be the flower girl...Avery is a very shy little girl and is also very head strong and stubborn- she got mine and Justin's bad qualities, so I was worried Avery wouldn't do what she was supposed to do.
The week of the wedding was my first week back to work after having Lawson, so needless to say it was a CRAZY week. We had rehearsal Friday night and I took both kids by myself- which was a mistake, but we made it through. Avery did not want to walk down the isle with the ring bearer, but we made it through with A LOT of bribing...I know I'm terrible to do that, but sometimes you just have to do it. I had talked up the flower girl job and let Avery watch mine and Justin's wedding video and look at our wedding pictures, but that didn't work- so Avery was going to be Avery.
Saturday morning I took Avery to get her hair done and she did so good- she kept saying she looked like a princess...and she did. The temperature was pretty good that day, but my was it windy- so Avery wore a shower cap to protect her hair from the wind....and later the rain. Yes, it turned out to be a rainy mess. I felt so bad for Kerry- isn't that every brides fear- to have it rain on their wedding day? But Kerry was a beautiful bride and Avery
being shy...
Bronson walking his mommy down the isle- Kerry was such a beautiful bride.
I'm slowly catching up!




Hi Charity,
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment on Darby's blog about your interst in bees. I just started beekeeping this year and LOVE it! It is a wonderful family activity and is very educational - not to mention fun! I started by taking classes offered by my local beekeeping association - try doing a Google search for your area. I am in Boston so I don't know anything about beekeeping where you are - sorry. That is my best advice though. We bought our hives from a local beekeeper who makes them over the winter. We got our bees from him as well - he has them shipped from GA in early spring. If you and your husband are handy, you can also build your hives and frames, etc. There might be a local bee supplier in your area too... I wish I could help more but this is the best advice I can give! Good luck!
Hi Charity! I just read your comment on my wiww blog, thanks for stopping by. ;-) I live in Iowa, so my consignment shops are in Iowa City/Coralville area. But I do love to shop at Marshalls in Osage Beach when we are in MO (which is a lot in the summer)...if you see Marshalls listed under a garment, more than likely it's from MO. I also love Victoria's Station in Osage Beach for home decor. Happy shopping! Nicky
ReplyDelete