Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WHERE DID THE TIME GO...?

Posted by PicasaI have to brag about Avery today and document our conversation, before I forget about it. We had her kindergarten screening yesterday and to be honest, I was a bit worried about it. Not that I didn't think Avery would do a good job, but Avery has a social problem, or she did have. Avery is not shy, until you get her out of her comfort zone and around people she doesn't know. When this happens she does a complete 360 and becomes almost a different person...this happened last year. Let me just say that preschool has done wonders for little Avery! She has come out of her shell so much and LEARNED so MUCH...it makes this momma proud and yesterday she didn't disappoint me...she was excellent!

Avery will be starting kindergarten this coming August and will be young for her class- her birthday is the first part of July. Yesterdays screening determined that Avery IS ready for kindergarten (really- how can this be...?).  She actually tested more at a 6yr old level than at 4yrs 9months and 17days...that made me so proud, but what parent wouldn't be proud? Had things been different we would have waited to send her to school in 2012 and that would have been completely fine...whatever is best for Avery.
I told her before we went to the screening that if she did a good job we would go to DQ and eat our ice cream inside. Eating inside is a BIG deal, we usually have to go through the drive thru when Crazy Man (Lawson) is with us, but he was still at the sitter. I told her several times, how proud I was (but she knows I'm always proud of her) that she was growing up...etc- you know all the stuff we parents say to our kids. As we were on our way to get Lawson she said...."you know, it's kind of like that song"

Me: What song?
Avery: You know not Taylor Swift...oh, who is it...? Keri Underwood!
Me: What Keri Underwood song?
Avery: You know the one when she grows up and her grandma is talking (it's actually her mom)
Me: What does she say...?
Avery: Her grandma says "You look back and say where did that time go...?"

I honestly didn't (and don't ) know if I should cry or laugh...it's so true! Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday I was pregnant with her...that she was just a tiny new born baby..she can't be ready for school! I know time marches on, but goodness it kind of tugs at your heart strings to think your baby will be going to school and kind of leaving your umbrella. I know it's just kindergarten, but it will be a completely different place for her- I won't be there to protect her all the time, but I know she will be fine and LOVE it! She CAN NOT wait to go to "BIG SCHOOL"!!

Avery-
Mommy and Daddy are so PROUD of you and we LOVE YOU to the Moon and Back 1,000 times over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment