Wow, I haven't updated my blog since April 2011!! Everyone is a year and half older- Avery 6, Lawson 2.5 and Justin just celebrated his birthday yesterday. What better day to update than on September 11, 2012. So much has changed in my life since 11yrs ago and I never would have though I would be where I am today this day in 2001.
I remember being a Jr at SMS/MSU in Springfield, MO. I didn't live far from campus-just a few blocks. Thinking back I have no idea why I never walked to class...oh, yeah I do know...I never work up early enough. I remember driving my little red Grand Am and couldn't understand why all that was on the radio was news and I didn't keep the radio on a station long enough to catch what was going on. When I made it Karls Hall I could tell something was wrong, but just didn't know what. I remember standing outside the class room and Dr Perkins was late getting there (which was odd, because he was never late). My friend Jaymee was the first to tell me what happened. I just remember her saying: A plane hit the World Trade Center and they don't know why. I couldn't get my thoughts wrapped around what she just told me. When Dr. Perkins finally made it he was very quiet and as we all got seated he announced that: The trade center was hit my a plane. He dismissed class and told us to go home and watch the news and said this was important and, while devastating, we were watching a big part of history. I honestly can't remember what I did after that. I remember coming back to the apartment and some of our friends were there watching the news and I know we all had the same thought-what's happening and what will happen next...what does our future hold? I remember feeling like it wasn't real, like it was a movie. And still to this day, 11 years later, it feels that way. And it may sound cliche, but if anything we can take from moments like this, its to realize how fragile life is. So tell people how you feel, appreciate what you have. Do good things and always move forward. Tomorrow is never promised.
So, as I think back where I was 11yrs ago, I'm SO thankful to be where I am today. I have guilt for my children. They have no idea what it's like to live without the fear of al qaeda, terrors attacks...etc. They think it's just normal. I hope and pray that one day they will know the difference and live the differenc.
America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world. George W. Bush
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment